Here we will discuss developing applications with Node.js.
What is similar between Node and other server-side scripting technologies?
Asynchrony is at the core of Node.js. Thanks to this, a Node.js application can serve a much larger number of client requests per unit of time, in contrast to analogs created using other technologies. What that means for node js development company?
- You can launch your project with a relatively low cost of server infrastructure.
- With the right architecture, this allows you to scale your business without investing large funds.
Node allows you to quickly develop MVPs. A large number of packages with various functionality was developed by it. You don’t have to waste time developing the basic functionality, but immediately concentrate on the business logic.
- The new project will arrived on market quicker (TTM will decrease).
- Less money will be spent on the development process, because it will take less developer hours to create the first version of the product.
- An important characteristic for those who invest in a project is how quickly the assumptions that were formed during the initial market research will be tested. After all, this will allow you to make adjustments sooner, and, accordingly, the invested money will return faster.
- The development team will include specialists with a broader view of the problem, which means that the burden on management will decrease.
- It is always easier for a stack developer to negotiate with himself than with another developer. This means that the creation process will be more efficient. Moreover, the cost of attracting other experts will also decrease.
- Fewer errors will occur during the development process, because floating bugs often occur at the junction of different development technologies with different types of data.
Naturally, like any other technology, Node has drawbacks.
What are the weaknesses of Node?
Node is very fast at handling a large number of lightweight requests (those that do not require lengthy data processing, complex calculations, etc.), but its performance drops dramatically if requests require large server resources.
Often these disadvantages are used by supporters of other technologies in order to explain their refusal to use Node in development. In addition, they confirm this shortcoming, saying that you cannot create really serious applications on single-threaded Node.js. Which, in turn, is a fundamentally wrong approach at the current level of technology development.
First, there has long been an approach in which multiple instances of the application are launched and the Nginx web server is used as the load balancer. Second, modern versions of Node have a built-in ability to form clusters from single-threaded processes. And in addition to this, you can automatically restart processes, balance the load, control over memory usage, etc.
Where is Node convenient to use?
The technology is great for most projects in the modern world of web development. Who of the founders of almost any project at the start has not dreamed that as many people as possible use their creation?
Examples of projects:
- online stores;
- video and audio hosting;
- social media;
- any b2c products.
Feel free to learn more on https://fireart.studio/blog/why-node-js-is-still-a-good-choice-for-your-startup-in-2020/
Support Ukraine against russian fascists! Defend Europe from horde! Glory to Ukraine! 🇺🇦
Head and Editor in Chief of EcmaScript2017 Journal. Senior JS Back-end Full stack developer and software architect.
What you need to know about popular JS frameworks
20 Amazing Examples of Ecommerce Website Design
Advantages and Disadvantages of IT Staff Augmentation